Learning Bayesian networks with OpenMarkov
TutorialThe second chapter of the tutorial, available as a web page and in PDF, explains how to learn Bayesian networks with OpenMarkov's graphical user interface (GUI).
Example datasetsHere you can find a few datasets that are mentioned in the tutorial and can be used to learn networks with OpenMarkov.
- Adult.csv: Adult Data Set. Also known as "Census Income" dataset. Predict whether income exceeds $50K/yr based on census data. Adapted from UCI's machine learning repository
- Asia.csv: It contains 10,000 records randomly generated from the Asia network [Lauritzen and Spiegelhalter, 1988]
- ALARM.csv: It contains 10,000 records randomly generated from the ALARM network [Beinlich et al., 1989]
- WDBC.csv: Breast Cancer Wisconsin (Diagnostic) Data Set. Adapted from UCI's machine learning repository
Developer manualOur wiki for developers explains how to implement a new learning algorithm or a new metric for the hill climbing algorithm.
- I. Bermejo, J. Oliva, F. J. Díez, M. Arias. Interactive learning of Bayesian Networks using OpenMarkov. CISIAD. UNED, Madrid, Spain, 2012.